Scott Wilk speaks to the conservative Santa Clarita Valley Republican Assembly’s January meeting.
February 16, 2012 archive
Feb 16 2012
The Senate Rules Committee approved some committee membership shuffling yesterday, including some changes made at the request of the new Senate GOP leader Bob Huff.
One of the biggest changes was to the Senate Health Committee, where Sen. Tom Harman, R-Huntington Beach, replaces Sen. Tony Strickland, R-Moorpark, as vice-chair.
Strickland and Sen. Mimi Walters, R-Laguna Niguel, also swapped their respective posts on the Senate Governmental Organization and Senate Budget and Fiscal Review Committees.
Several GOP members picked up new committee assignments to fill seats vacated by Huff, whose spokesman said he needed to free up time to focus on his responsibilities as leader.
But, my Senator, Tony Strickland was appointed to the Senate Business and Professions Committee which is a juice committee. Strickland is running for Congress and not for re-election to the State Senate.
Below is the Senate Rules Committee Agenda:
Feb 16 2012
Feb 16 2012
- @Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-02-15 http://t.co/kG0kueyI #
- Flap’s California Blog @ Flap Twitter Updates for 2012-02-15 http://t.co/yrlgc5e1 #
- Day By Day February 15, 2012 – Fairness Act http://t.co/Vvq9SPPn #
- Michael Boskin: Washington's Knack for Picking Losers – http://t.co/7okzcU8P http://t.co/Kk3UcoiM #
- Rivkin and Whelan: Birth-Control Mandate—Unconstitutional and Illegal – http://t.co/7okzcU8P http://t.co/ZkzobgSo #
- Why Republicans Don't Trust Romney http://t.co/QttkJ44s #
- Might Exercise Help in Prostate Cancer? http://t.co/SCGew2iB #
- SD-27: California Assemblyman Cameron Smyth Declines a State Senate Run http://t.co/rGaw6LFx #
- The Morning Flap: February 15, 2012 http://t.co/YDu7negQ #
- Department of Home-Lunch Security – By Mark Steyn http://t.co/Y7klZ9eT #
- The GOP's emerging Bob Dole problem http://t.co/HqfTqSmE #
- How Likely Is a Brokered Convention? http://t.co/dD7WAolV #
- Flap’s California Morning Collection: February 15, 2012 http://t.co/hmSWHnGz #
- Baseball Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn Blames Smokeless Tobacco for Oral Cancer http://t.co/OFxi7DDm #
- The Morning Drill: February 15, 2012 http://t.co/sL1e0bgJ #
- Did Mitt Romney's Dog Seamus Seek Asylum In Canada http://t.co/zorAxUvs #
- President 2012 GOP Poll Watch: Santorum 39% Vs. Romney 27% Vs. Gingrich 15% Vs. Paul 10% http://t.co/oGi7sMa6 #
- Lance Armstrong Foundation Donates $1.5 Million to Raise California Tobacco Tax http://t.co/CGODRzxg #
- RT @gallupnews: Obama Job Approval: Approve 45% (-) Disapprove 45% (-2). Get the full trend… http://t.co/QETRidti #
- Question of the day: Who is the worst Presidential candidate – Mitt Romney, Bob Dole or John McCain? #
- Sen Barbara Boxer Video: Insurance Rights TRUMP Religious Rights http://t.co/mxzfWvC4 #
- President 2012 Video: Santorum Bites the Dust With Comments on Contraception http://t.co/1UUDC9r2 #
- OMB director undercuts legal case for Obamacare http://t.co/27xjNcaV #
- Rick Santorum’s Medical Malpractice Lawsuit http://t.co/eWD3okjT #
- New Jersey Dentist Patrick Bamgboye Investigated After Second Child Dies in His Care http://t.co/Vq1Fu8nI #
- The Tattooist by Gary Varvel http://t.co/KGZPOo2V #
- Lance Armstrong Foundation Donates $1.5 Million to Raise California Tobacco Tax » Flap's California Blog http://t.co/p7CibGxf #
- President 2012 GOP Poll Watch: Santorum 39% Vs. Romney 27% Vs. Gingrich 15% Vs. Paul 10% | Flap's Blog – Fullo… http://t.co/GyBXcI5N #
- Sen Barbara Boxer Video: Insurance Rights TRUMP Religious Rights | Flap's Blog – FullosseousFlap's Dental Blog http://t.co/2HpY00Zg #
- Untitled (http://t.co/dPapAOEJ) http://t.co/0ViXvSOo #
- The Tattooist | Gary Varvel | The Indianapolis Star | http://t.co/YUN8r91u http://t.co/O2u0rE34 #
- New Jersey Dentist Patrick Bamgboye Investigated After Second Child Dies in His Care | Flap's Blog – Fullosseous… http://t.co/J2FrDnih #
Powered by Twitter Tools