California State Capitol
The Public Policy Institute of California poll (PPIC) was taken from May 14 through May 20, 2012.
- CA Right direction/wrong direction: 30-63%
- Gov Brown job approval (Approve/Disapprove/DK): 39-36-24%
- Budget solution through (Spending cuts/Tax increases/Mix/Debt): 35-13-44-2% (likely voters)
- Gov’s compromise tax measure (Yes/No/DK): 56-38-7% (likely voters)
- Prop. 28 (term limits): 62-29%
- Prop. 29 (tobacco tax): 53-42%
- Barack Obama (Fav/Unfav/DK): 52-45-4% (likely voters)
- Mitt Romney (Fav/Unfav/DK): 40-52-9% (likely voters)
- Gay marriage: 56-37% (likely voters)
A quick review will show the deep blue nature of the state, including President Obama commanding a large lead in the 2012 Presidential race.
Democrat Governor Jerry Brown does not poll as well having a net disapproval rating.
No real surprises here in this heavily democratic state, except that the California Proposition 29 smokers tax increase margin in favor has dramatically cratered under the weight of tobacco company media buys.